viernes, 17 de abril de 2020

The Tree and the Spear

I was surrounded by seven children, together with them we were in a round around a dead guava tree Stuck on the tree there was a strange object, and after looking more closely at it, I noticed that it was a spear deeply embeded into the wood, with its shaft snapped. The spearhead was rusty and very damaged, which it indicated that had been there since long ago.

Mi Sala Amarilla: Juegos con rondas
After studying for a while the spear as well as the tree, the kids started to sing with one voice: "Wuotan's spear has fallen, Wuotan's spear has fallen". It took me some time to remember who or what Wuotan was, it's the name for the germanic sky god, also known as Odin in Scandinavia. The kids looked cheerful and happy, but I was confused.





Vectores, imágenes y arte vectorial de stock sobre Old Farm ... I looked away from the children and noticed there was a team of oxen and an old looking plow, next to that, a large field well worked and some sprouts here and there. In the dream, I was sometimes one of the kids in the ring, and some others I was driving the plow and pricking the oxen to make them pull it. Whenever I would be in front of the oxen, as I pass with the plow blood would ooze and a mephitis would emanae from the opened earth.

Right before I woke up, I saw the chidrlen following an old man dressed up like a late 18 century soldier, black jacket, white trousers and bicorn hat. The kids would shout "wait, wait, Murmurlius!". Murmulius is the name of the Old Mars, he symbolises the passing of a cycle, the end of winter and the born of the "New Mars". I was approached by the Marmulius, and he told me: "I'll get this fixed".


Dead tree tattoo by Pat Fox on Vintage black and white | Black and ...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario